Thursday, September 11, 2008

Rain...

Well, it appears it's going to be a lovely overcast, wet, rainy day. Usually I love these days. However today, being my day off, I have to be downtown this evening for a study club at my Lodge. I admit I don't like biking in the rain much. I really need to get off my tail and get some good rain gear. I could drive but I get so few days off that I will hate myself tomorrow for not biking to my meeting tonight. 

So I am going to suck it up and bike downtown in a little while. Hopefully traffic will be ok. My biggest concern with biking since I started has been safety. I hope to post a few safety questions for folks to think about and perhaps share their wisdom on in the following post or two. But for now it's time to shower and prepare for a wet miserable ride. 

The ride home was a lot more wet than the ride downtown. I really need some rain gear. But I got in a good 14.63 miles. Traffic on the way home was very light. Route I took. Cateye: 15 / 25.8 mph, 168 / 189 bpm, 72 / 162 cadence. 

No comments: