Tuesday, September 16, 2008

SRAM

So I know the season has a couple of months or so left in it before I will have to put the road bike up but I was looking at new groups today. My Felt came stocked with the best parts for the money they could slap on it. However it's a mismatched pot of various components. FSA Gossamer crank, Dura Ace RD, 105 shifters etc. The group works "OK" the biggest beef I have is chain slippage more often than I would like. Uber annoying. Anyway I have been looking at SRAM since I got my bike February 14th of this year. I wanted to originally go nuts and get a Red group. But now, I just can't justify it since I am not 125 lbs and do not race for a living. The Rival group for 2009 is amazing. And I think I have decided on that group. The only change I may make is to upgrade the Rival RD to either Force or Red. I'm not sure yet. I need to do more research. If you are considering a new group for next year really look into the SRAM Rival group. It's under $1,000! And is a really nice group. Now I just need to decide on new wheels after the group and I am set. I'm thinking maybe a set of Williams Cycling 30x's. I would really like a pair of their 58's but I am too heavy for them. Maybe in a year or two.

No comments: