Sunday, October 5, 2008

Am I dead yet?

First I want to thank John for hosting his monthly ride. I had a really good, even if somewhat painful, time on this ride! Wind + Distance == EVIL! John is a great guy and I encourage everyone to come out and ride on future rides. I was able to see a part of wichita I had never been exposed too. I rode a route I had never been on and it was really nice scenery. I curse the Kansas wind. I curse it in every known language and even some unknown! Seriously, can we install a win break around the city? Is that really asking too much? Don't answer that. 

Thanks again John for a well spent Sunday afternoon, and a very good ride! Hopefully you handled the wind better than I did. I am pretty spent. I am too run down to move. I should make something to eat but can't get off my bed. It's so soft and cozy. I tried to get my dog to go to Walmart and get me some roast beef and bread but she just tilted her head and blinked at me. I don't think she grasps the concept of "I am dying and need sustenance". Silly dog. 

This post is a mess of rambling. I'm just wiped from the ride to and from. I will force myself to get to the store and when I get back post my stats. I forgot to start my cycle computer a few times so it didn't count a few miles but I will post those stats when I get back. 

2 comments:

John B. said...

Chris,
Thanks for joining me on the ride and for the kind words here. I'm already looking forward to the next ride, and in the meantime I'll see if we can't get a city ordinance passed that forbids wind on that day.

River City Cyclist said...

Hey Chris I found your blog from a link on John B's site and added a link to it on my site.(rivercitycyclist.com) I see you haven't been active lately are you still keeping this alive??